Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sweet Francaise, introduction


Many of my own personal stories about making cross-cultural connections come from the two years I spent in France: 1987-1989. My first year was spent as a "Rotary Ambassador." In other words, I was the very lucky recipient of a one-year scholarship granted by Rotary International. You can find a link for more information about this service provided by Rotary on the right. I will be thankful for the rest of my days for the opportunity given to me through this scholarship. Rotary's international interests and activities are exemplary. Institutions like Rotary provide the bricks and mortar for the few "cultural bridges" that maintain positive interactions between people from different parts of the globe.

Anyway, winning this scholarship marked the beginning of two wonderful years I spent in France.

No comments:

Post a Comment